Monday, March 14, 2011

Movin’ on Up…to the Quincy Side

So I’ve been trying to move into my new apartment for a little while now.  The apartment, from what we knew, was good to move into and there wasn’t much to be done to the place.  So we decided that I would move in and I would be able to live on my own and collect rent from tenants and do all the things that a superintendent does.  That was before we discovered a black hole in the closet.

Let me explain.  The paint in the apartments were of the lead-based type.  Lead-based paint is illegal to have on walls and there can be hefty fines for renting to people who might later test positive for lead.  It really explains why my grandmother didn’t want any kids living in the apartments.  However, getting rid of paint is not only incredibly hard to do, its pricey as hell. 

If it wasn’t just the paint, it was also the fact that the rugs in the house were dangerously old and could cause problems.  If it wasn’t just those two things, it turned into a broken stove, and then a washing machine from the Bronze Age, and a bathroom that came from the seventh circle of hell.  See things like this get expensive. 

But wait there is more.  The bathroom leaks and there is something about the downstairs apartment bathroom and the flushing.  Although this seems like Tom Hanks’ movie The Money Pit, there is something about this place that is great.  The location, for one, is right in the middle of everything everyone could ever want.  4 gyms within walking distance.  2 Brazilian restaurants within a short 3 minute drive.  2 bars, a grocery store/fruit stand, 2 banks, a breakfast place, Alfredo’s Restaurant, A lot of banks, a 7-11 and everything in between is right outside from my new place.

All I need to do as of now is to buy the TV, which I know what I want, sign up for Netflix, Hulu Plus, The Quincy Athletic Club, and maybe get some other things that will complete the bachelor pad for the while.  This may be a pricey endeavor, but I am the firm believer that the juice will be worth the squeeze.

I will try get some pictures of this place up as well as some video that will serve as a virtual tour of the place.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment