Monday, June 3, 2013

Slacking: Neglecting your positive routines because your busy with your negative routines

So I've found myself stuck in a rut with my workout routine, as small as it's been.  It's 3 exercises a day and then some light cardio if I get to the gym.  I think I've taken probably 4 days off from my usual routine, which is just horrid.  It's time to come up with a new plan.  Or at least a new direction.

I'll still do the same small workouts if they keep me positive, but I need to maybe not put the bulk of my workout on going to the gym.  If I'm feeling worn down or lazy, I should just skip rope for a while outside in my own driveway.  I could cancel my gym membership and just do simple workouts in the outdoors.  I just would have to get creative with my workouts instead of going to the gym, getting on the same treadmill, running the same distance and not really measuring or worrying about how much I'm progressing.

I stood on the scale today and I've gained weight.  Not something that I wanted admit, but it's true.  I've become less and less focused on living a healthier lifestyle.  These are things that just happen.  I get bored with the same things, wanting to switch things up, and end up cheating with junk foods and laziness.

I wrote recently about being overloaded with media and I decided to approach that in a certain way.  With this kind of change, I need to alter my physical routines and adjust my attitude towards working out.  I've become too comfortable in doing a round-robin of exercises in my bedroom.  My bedroom that has clothes on the floor, a messy bed, a cluttered desk, and a dresser with clothes on it that should be in it.

One thing I'll change is the idea that I need to go to the gym to get a good workout.  Running at night with some earbuds and a sweatshirt on can change that AND it can save me the gas money I spend on driving to my gym.  The first couple of times might not be enjoyable, since last time I tried running, I ran for about a tenth of a mile, then ran out of breath and then walked in a circle.  That needs to stop.  I also need to skip more rope.  A jump rope can last me a good while and only costs $10, and that's for the good jump ropes.  10 minutes on a jump rope can do some serious damage on my fat ass.  Plus I don't have to go anywhere.  Third, I need to find something that will hinder me from drinking alcohol.  It's becoming more and more of a problem.  Part time work, either at a random retail store or as a delivery guy should help with that.

One of the problems I find myself in, week after week, is getting stuck in too many modes of "well, now what do I do?"  Finding a way to eliminate that, or at least turn it into something productive, I should at least find things to do when I find myself in those situations.


No comments:

Post a Comment