Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Red Eyes, Tommy Boy, Boo-Gate....

Okay, so first thing I do in the morning is wake up and look at myself. Make sure I don't look like shit for most part and then put on the glasses and bring the laptop downstairs to enjoy some TV. Then I notice something. I remember something about last night. My eyes are all red. I didn't leave my contacts in, but apparently when you have your contacts in backwards all day, it will turn them a deep red. A guy at work today thought I was hit in the face with something because my eyes were this color red. I took a picture of them last night and they were red as the devil's dick as one might say.

I know this picture makes it look like a deer in headlights, but realize this is right after taking my contacts out. Haven't seen this many Red Eyes since watching Couglin from Cocktail make breakfast. So I continue my morning and for the rest of the day, I have come redness in my eyes. Mostly noticeable, but I get over it. After work, which ended rather late, I drive as fast I could to get home and do this. Thinking about about what to complain about or what the hell the road guys are doing working when it's raining, or how fast I can go without being pulled over by the cops on the side, who I think are either sleeping or doing a jumbo book of sudoku. I notice something on my hood after the 93 split. My hood is bouncing. Not a good bouncing, but the kind of bouncing that would make you wonder what is wrong with this car now.

Immediately I think of the movie Tommy Boy, where Tommy is driving their piece of shit car along with Richard and they are singing the Eres Tu song and all of the sudden the hood of the car shoots up and blocks the windshield. The scene can be seen really fast here, and all I can think about is at what point will my car hood smash into my windshield and make a great coming-home-late-one-night/buy-me-a-new-car-now story. I just try to get home as fast as possible because I am in the middle of the roadwork area and I don't want to pull over in that area just so people don't have to think 'Look at that poor asshole on the side slowing everything down, it's bad enough with the roadwork'. I will endanger my own well-being just so I don't have to be on the side of the road at the 1Am hour. Anyways, I made it home, slammed the hood shut, which made a pretty loud noise. Hope I didn't wake up anyone, but then again, I don't care.

Aside from living dangerously, I decided what I would really blog on was this "Boo-Gate" thing I was reading on the TV ticker we now have at work in the break room. It said something about Dancing With the Stars, Bristol Palin, Boo-Gate, and something else. My first thought: People booed Bristol Palin off of DWTS and incited Boo-Gate. Then I look up online and I read that people were booing because her score was too low. She got straight 8's! What the hell people? Why are you complaining this much about dancing idiots?

Speaking of idiots, and things they do, can the media stop calling every 'scandal' or thing that goes awry "Problem-Gate"? Watergate was called Watergate because of the name of the hotel was Watergate. Not Water. It's almost like if another Watergate happened, we would call it Watergate-gate. I'm utterly surprised that people let this slide this much. I googled "suffix gate" and the first thing that pops up on Wikipedia is a list of scandals that end in gate. I'm not kidding. Antennagate (iPhone 4 antenna problem), Nipplegate (Janet Jackson's nip-slip during the Super Bowl), 3 different Troopergate's, SpyGate (Pats videotaping Jets), Tigergate (which I always called Tiger Woods Balls get caught in the trap), Monicagate (whatever happened before Bill Clinton got 1000 high fives from staff workers), Kanyegate (Kanye speaks the truth in front of everyone and says that Beyonce had a better video over Taylor Swift, which was correct no one is talking about Taylor Swift's videos, just her music), and some others I don't have enough patience for right now, are just the tip of the future oncoming iceberg of uncreative headlines for the news of our time. Let's go people, get creative. Make another news headline that doesn't involve the word gate at the end of it and you might get my attention. Let's hope tomorrow I get home on time and don't have to waste all of my time talking about this crap anymore. I wish. Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment