Thursday, December 29, 2011

So, it turns out I was completely wrong about Limitless…

So, I had plenty of time to kill last night while being at home.  I went thru my Netflix queue and found that I had saved Limitless sometime in the last week.  I watched it.  I didn’t expect any of what I saw.  Sure, Bradley Cooper takes a pill and begins to earn money better and all of his dreams come true.  But the way the story and screenwriting was crafted, made it seem more like a futuristic version of Less Than Zero or any other drug addiction story that was fast paced and had a touch of confusion to it, just to keep the viewer at the edge of the seat.  The dialogue wasn’t the best, but the scenes and cinematography were a lot better than what I expected.  Going from one end of town to the next in a series of shots that look like you are traveling through a tunnel was really cool.  I ranked it 4 out of 5 stars on Netflix.  The main part that kind of hooked me in was the struggle to find more of the drugs and the the final scene of the movie which I will not spoil for you.  One thing that I first questioned was whether or not it was really Bradley Cooper’s voice that does the voiceover in the movie.  It doesn’t sound like any other character of his, which made me wonder if it was going to be one of those movies starring one person but then having a different actor do a voiceover.  My next review will be of Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, which as I’m watching it, is already terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment