Monday, January 16, 2012

“Hey Remember this?” continues!

Now here is a gem from the 90’s that at one time interrupted my Saturday morning/afternoon television time.  Xuxa (pronounced SHOO-SHA) is apparently one of the most prolific Brazilian singers and performers of all time.  I was expecting to watch either wrestling or more Inspector Gadget and all of the sudden I see this show come on and I have no idea what was going on.  This show was on FOX (typical) and played every Saturday afternoon, my guess to compete with Sabado Gigante.  I recently saw the movie Senna, realized that this memory of Brazilian blondes singing to kids wasn’t just a bad dream, but she was at once romantically involved with the Worlds Most Famous F1 driver.  So, now, I’m going to watch this clip and insta-blog along with the time.  Enjoy.

0:02: Kids are either singing ‘Shoe shine” or “Sue Shy” or I am going crazy and kids don’t know what they are saying.

0:09: Holy Bowl cuts and 90’s hair!

0:13: I had no idea the letter X could be pronounced like a “Sh” but apparently it can. 

0:20: Fact: if a show in the 90’s had a kid dancing with face stickers on with a bunch of other kids doing the same thing, it was an instant hit on Nickelodeon.  Wouldn’t work now.  Someone would get called gay and the show would be shutdown.

0:25: A Panda bear and a Lion? are slapping five and wearing clothes leftover from the Dinosaurs wardrobe.

0:30: Ah!  The woman named Xuxa!  Great!

0:35: Jesus Christ she is tall!  And gorgeous!  But what the hell is she doing wearing a pair of mens underwear at her knees? Those should be on a man!

0:45: Kids break dancing in a crowd.  God I miss those days. 

0:51 She has got to be 6-5.  Why wasn’t she more famous in America?!

1:05: Panda Bear is playing patty cake with kids.  In a pink and black checkered vest no less.  Something tells me this is a female.  But who cared back then!

1:12: Not only does the break dancing and backflip give it away that there is no white guy underneath that Cheetah costume, but also that he is down with Yellow hoodies.  Which no white person wore in the 90’s. 

1:20: Confirmed: Panda is more White than Black after dancing in a circle like that around a hot chick.

1:33 Just noticed that Xuxa has a dragon sleeve on her coat.  Imagine me watching this at 7 years old and asking “What the fuck is this?”.  I’m repeating history here.

1:52: What’s with the backup dancers having about 3 inches of leg showing?  Either wear pants to match the uniform or wear shorts.  I don’t see why this wasn’t brought up in some meeting.

2:11: It’s just become known to me that this woman is lip-syncing.  Something that did not die in the 90’s.  But who could blame her, she has to look this good while trying to sing?  Let her mouth over the words….this time.

2:32: This Panda might be a pedo.

2:40: Jackpot!  We have a kid with Panda-face! 

2:50 She whistles very good for a hot blonde.  And her English isn’t so bad either.  Maybe I can download this “Hello” song on iTunes or Amazon.  But that would require effort and filtering through endless remixes of Xuxa songs by Latin American DJ’s on Youtube.

2:57: Sing songs?  Clown around?  Play tickle games?  I LOVE ALL OF THOSE THINGS AND I’M 25!!!!

3:10: I don’t know what she said before the camera panned away but I think it sounded like “Jump a Chicken!”  Don’t lie, you heard it too.

3:15: Xuxa may or may not be the financial backing for Kidz Bop.  Which would make her a billionaire.  Should’ve got in on that one early.….damnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment