Friday, January 20, 2012

Hey Remember That: Hulk Hogan’s Rock ‘n’ Wrestling!

Alright, so there is something revealing about me with this clip from a Hulk Hogan cartoon.  I loved wrestling as a kid.  I loved cartoons as a kid.  Most of the cartoons I watched were on USA network sometime during the weekend mornings.  Now, rewatching this made me so excited.  The ridiculous cars.  The footage of cheering on a wrestling crowd.  The cartoon of Rowdy Roddy Piper (how can anything go wrong after that?)  Who would have thought that someone could write a cartoon about Andre the Giant, Superfly Jimmy Snooka and some other weird wrestlers could take over a French bakery to make Andre the Giant’s mother happy?  Skip ahead to the 4:45 mark to see some calamity involving the remake of an I Love Lucy skit and then turning it into a food fight.  And cue Mean Gene at the 5:30 mark!  I didn’t think that I would ever remember this, or that there would still be footage of this somewhere online.  This is the kind of stuff that PIPA and SOPA would be taking away folks.  Our memories would be the only thing left, and we wouldn’t be aloud to relive the magic or remember the agony.  Save the Internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment