Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Will I Watch it?: Chelsea Handler’s NBC show

So, after watching this trailer and admittedly seeing the first episode of this show, I can tell you that this trailer is all you need to see to understand the pilot episode.  The only differences are that they switched out the best friend for a small Asian named Ali Wong, Jo Koy isn’t on the show as the bar friend, the redheaded guy was switched (which makes and there really isn’t a joke in this show that I haven’t already expected or heard from Chelsea Handler before.  Plus laugh tracks and voice overs aren’t really funny on any show.  There is a little person in the show and I don’t understand why.  That joke might work on her show, but I don’t think it’ll work for the 8pm timeslot on NBC.  This being the same time slot that Bill Cosby and Jerry Seinfeld ruled for a long time.  The first words from a TV show shouldn’t really include the words “power-slurp the worm”.  I don’t think this show will really last that long, but only because NBC has really overdone the whole funny female comedian thing.  They already have 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and Up All Night.  Whitney was a good addition.  But Chelsea pushes the car over the ledge and into the river. Will I Watch it?: Probably Not!

No comments:

Post a Comment