Monday, February 6, 2012

Finally Finished Ken Burn’s National Parks

Okay, before watching this, all I knew was that it was 6 episodes long and it was a PBS documentary about The U.S. National Parks.  I have to say first, that about 12 hours of footage and history is in this thing.  It is A LOT of watching.  I recommend watching an episode every now and then and make it maybe a once a week thing.  It’s the most recent work from Ken Burns aside from his Baseball: Extra Innings.  After seeing it, I think the images and video footage is just amazing.  It rivals only Planet Earth from Discovery Channel.  It’s amazing to capture all of the history about most of the national parks and the legislature that surrounded them.  I think I can honestly say that after watching this, I would want to at least make it out to Yosemite, Yellowstone, and a couple other of the major original parks that people like John Muir cultivated and helped establish.  Alright, that’s enough of the hippy Mark Sheehan.  Back to life and what else to watch on whatever it is you watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment