Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Movie Reviews 10/26

Here are some movie reviews of some films I have seen in the last couple of weeks. 

Jackass 3D – 2010 – Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, Steve-O, Ryan Dunn, etc.

image

This in my instance was the most anticipated movie of the fall movie season.  Usually there is nothing but shit in the fall season and its movies like this that warm my soul in the beginnings of the cold season.  Anyways, this movie impresses time after time with all of the explosions, stunts, poop, and gross things that the guys do to their bodies.  This movie ends well and does so in the most admirable fashion, for as admirable as a movie about physical abuse can be.  The 3D isn’t that bad, but I do feel a bit dizzy after I watched the movie.  I did notice that there were about 10 more previews than needed in this movie.  However, don’t let that discourage you into not seeing this movie.  If you have ever enjoyed a Jackass movie or even something on the TV show, this is the movie for you.  Knoxville does that Old Guy thing again, they do the snake things again, Everyone gets a shot at a stunt using the camera that shoots in 3D and has a speed of 1000+ frames a second to see the ripple and points of impact on everyone.  Gotta hand it Dickhouse productions for this one and let’s hope that in Jackass 3.5 (which is just leftovers from this movie that couldn’t be shown in theatres) that there is more exciting stuff for the viewers.

Back to the Future – 1985 – Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover

image

Well, it’s been 25 years since Doc Brown and Marty McFly went back in time with a Delorean.  I thought I would review one of my favorite movies of all time being it the anniversary.  After seeing this movie again and finding things that I never really thought about, I would like to share some of those things and find some common themes.  The theme about ‘If (someone doing something) never happened then you would never have been born’ makes a good argument.  I mean the whole movie is about going through time and doing what you want to make your fortunes better than everyone else’s.  However, there are several things that if didn’t happen could jeopardize anything.  Like when Grandpa hits George Marty McFly with the car and Lorraine falls in love with him.  Or how the Save the Clock Tower lady is a major player in time travel.  Without her, Doc and Marty are stuck in 1955 forever.  Just goes to show that without activism we could be stuck in a nightmare that we don’t belong in.  Also, when Doc Brown is calling Marty on the telephone, where is he calling from?  He calls in the morning to his own residence and he calls again at midnight at Marty’s house.  Why did he call those two times and how did he know Marty would be at those places?  If I’m not mistaken, the Delorean is also frosty and smoking when it comes out of the trailer for the first time.  Did he time travel in his trailer or did he just have a smoky trailer?  Am I just overthinking this?  Probably.  Ironically, November 5, 1955 is the date that Racial Segregation was outlawed on Interstate Commerce like buses and trains.  I googled it and it was under Wikipedia, so it could be anyone’s guess.  Anyways, what a classic.  I love this movie and the people that made it.

Coming up in later writings, I continue my Financial Analysis of the 4 Major Sports and then move onto some Google Image Fun and maybe some Top 5’s and a music video I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment