Saturday, October 16, 2010

Weekly Top 5!…..Hip Hop Whores!

TOP 5!

I'm going to start blogging Top 5 things that I think should be a Top 5 of all-time, or at least until I think that they could change. I won't stick to broad topics like movies or sports figures, but I will be more specific in terms of a Top 5. Top 5 movies is too broad, but perhaps I would include Top 5 movies of a certain genre, character, ending, etc. I will want some ideas from my "readers", because there is only so much I can think of.
This week's top 5: Hip Hop Whores (rappers/hip-hop artists who are featured in more songs than needed)


5. Kanye West



We all know and kind of love the guy who can't show any love for people that do well other than himself, but we must show him some love right now. For he might walk the red carpet with a bottle of Hennessey and his voluptuous girlfriend to then only walk up during Taylor Swift's award ceremony and make a complete fool of himself, but we might still listen to your music someday. I don't want to say he peaked, but he definitely has to make up for lost charisma after that thing. Although, if it counts, I also think Beyonce was robbed. No one is watching Taylor Swift videos thinking, 'man that's a great video', they are thinking, 'man, that's a great song'. P.S. MTV needs to start showing videos again if it wants to keep that award ceremony, otherwise, I think Youtube should be able to take over that shit. Proof of Whoring: Swagga Like Us, Run This Town, Forever, American Boy, Make Her Say, Maybach Music 2 (I know no one really listens to Rick Ross much, but come on)


4. Eminem



I'm not gonna lie, but I think Eminem has been rapping about the same thing for the past decade. Having said that, I have noticed his recent change to being featured in songs rather than just put out rap albums. It's easier for him and he's probably the best freestyle rapper out there. I was a bit skeptical at this pick for #4, but then I rethought my list and there is plenty of
reason why he should be the #4 hip-hop whore of all time. He has roots to Dr. Dre and Snoop for one, and he brought in 50 Cent. I didn't go any further than that because Lloyd Bank was a piece of crap. Most people wouldn't consider the real slim shady, mainly because he's such an entity by himself, but this is one of those people that can tour with 4 other, mix it up on stage, and still do a solo portion of the tour. Kudos Slim! Proof of Whoring: Forgot About Dre, Drop The World, Forever, What's the Difference, Airplanes (i hate this song)


3. Timbaland

No one knows the beats more than Timbaland does. He started all the way back in the 90's with Magoo, brought up a very popular singer named Aaliyah (tragic), and still managed to return to the apex of hip hop being a perfect MC to mix it up with just about anyone.  Even Weezer made a song about how everyone being on the Top 10 charts mixes it up with Timbaland.  I think his resume speaks for itself and he could easily be #1, but I just think he gets enough credit for being a hip-hop whore since he is a beatmaster.  They don't call him Mr. Bose for nothing.  Proof of Whoring: Are you that Somebody, Apologize, The Way I Are, Elevator, Promiscuous, Carry Out


2. Pitbull

image

Pitbull is a currently the Hip-Hop Whore of the year for 2010.  He has been in more songs and featured than he has in his own albums.  He started a little while ago with the song Go Girl and Hotel Room Service, for which was one of the few songs that make me think of my Spring Break 09 Daytona trip.  He makes the club go nuts and usually has all of the hottest women in his videos.  I don’t think he’s really latino, but his accent in his songs are almost too close to tell.  His songs are definitely forever embedded in my workout mix.  I don’t really see him fading out either since he is pretty clean as far as crime goes and he also has got the club beat on lockdown.  Proof of Whoring:  Shake, Hey Baby, I Like It, DJ Got Us Falling in Love Again,

 

1. Lil Wayne

image

This ladies and gentlemen is the king of all hip-hop whoring.  Lil Wayne may be behind bars, but trust me he will hold this title for a long time.  He has been in more songs that he doesn’t belong in more than any other person in the hip hop world.  I don’t even know where to begin with him, and I don’t see any end in sight.  He still has more damn mixtapes than anyone, which baffles me because I thought the mixtape went out with the tapedeck.  Shows you how much I know.  Anyways, there isn’t much I can say about this guy that hasn’t been said already.  Without Lil Wayne, we would not make it rain, we would not drop the world on your fucking head, we would not be getting it in and then going off, and we would not be yelling YOUNG MONEY or A MILLI.  He will be making music for a long time and will probably be freestylin’ for a long time, whether people buy his crap or not.  Proof of Whoring: Forever, Swagga Like Us, Down, Let it Rock, I Cantranform Ya, Make It Rain


Honorable Mention: LMFAO, T.I. T-Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment