Monday, July 29, 2013

Actors and Actresses I can do Without

I've seen a lot of movies in my life.  I've rated around 1700+ on Netflix so I'm guessing that I've seen all of those at least once, but there's no telling how many I've watch multiple times.  I've seen many an actor and actress perform, and some I don't even need to watch perform because I can tell that there are many of whom don't need watching.  They just suck.  As actors and as people.  I know that this list of people is probably on Cracked.com or some website that they do nothing by top whatever lists.  But, I will have at least some

Jim Carrey


Why Jim?  Well, why not Jim.  He hasn't really been a major contributing factor in his main brand of comedy since Bruce Almighty.  Before that his last funny movie was Liar Liar.  Jim Carrey used to be able to carry a comedy into the box office.  But then America got over his hyper-eccentric brand of comedy and switched to something a little more calm and calculated.  Which makes me worried about his upcoming projects.   He's being attached to movies that I really enjoyed the first time around, and I'm hoping he doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth.  I find it kind of sad that movie-goers have become Pavlovian in their reactions to seeing actors on screen.  If Burt Wonderstone was funnier, I might have a different opinion about Jim Carrey, but let's just say his comedic career can only get better.

Adam Sandler


Sure Adam Sandler is probably responsible for my generation's movie quotable movies (Big Daddy, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison), but he hasn't ever taken a break from acting or making movies with David Spade and Rob Schneider.  Since 2000, he has 27 acting credits, most of which are movies he starred in, produced, and are involving his previous SNL alum.  He does not stop working.  He needs to.  He's suffering from over-exposure and his movie trailers are headed towards things that remind people of "From the Mind of M. Night Shamylan".  South Park hit it on the head with this clip from a couple seasons ago.  Might want to put in some headphones if you're reading this at work.



Marion Cotillard


In my opinion, the worst actress with the most movie-critic pull.  I don't know what everyone else likes about her.  Sure she's attractive, but you can't spit in Hollywood without hitting someone attractive.  She won her Oscar for La Vie En Rose, which no one in America saw because it's a French film and American's don't like anything French, unless it's mustard.  Now I first saw her in Public Enemies and she was just a distraction.  Not a single scene from her (or from that movie) seemed like it was going to stick out in my mind.  It didn't help that Public Enemies was too grainy and the picture quality was absolute crap.  I then saw her in Inception.  Again, a distraction that (SPOILER ALERT) kept committing suicide in Leo's dreams.  Her third strike came from The Dark Knight Rises, where she played Miranda, and somehow managed to rise to the ranks of the Wayne Corporation and (SPOILER ALERT) be related to Bane.  Now for Marion, I don't know what to think.  She can easily be replaced by Emily Blunt, who is also foreign, and can probably do more in any role than she can.  Au revoir Marion.

Helena Bonham Carter/Johnny Depp/Tim Burton


I'm lumping all three of these people together.  They are responsible for keeping the Goth trend alive and they are somehow still being allowed to make movies.  I just realized that Tim Burton's hair looks like the lead Goth kid from South Park.  I'm sure that's on purpose.  Now, I don't plan on seeing another movie with all three of these people in it.  However, I might see a movie with one of them in it alone.  Tim Burton is remaking ever single nursery rhyme with these two actors and I have no place for it in my life.  I don't think I need to make anymore of an argument for him.  Johnny Depp is too much into his own look.  The wristbands, the weird hats, the goatee, the mustaches, the wide variety of glasses - somehow work for him, but work terribly on every other human on the planet.  I don't like Helena Bonham Carter that much, but I loved her in Fight Club, which is high on the list of my favorite book-movies.  If she doesn't hang out with either of these two again, she wouldn't be on this list.

Russell Brand


I hate him.  Not only because he "acted" in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (a favorite of mine) but because he somehow still gets work for being the British version of Johnny Depp.  He apparently is funny, but you wouldn't know that because he had an FX show that no one watched because he had guests like the Westboro Baptist Church people.  I know, nothing says comedy like a hate group that do nothing but soldier funeral protests.  I would not like to be stuck on a elevator with him.

Kristen Stewart


Kristen Stewart isn't an actress.  She just has a camera on her enough for a lot of people to be watching.  I don't watch her vampire-wolf movies.  She can be substituted with someone who is a little more attractive and can actually act.  She is apparently the top female earner in Hollywood, but you wouldn't really know that because she just acts the way she talks.  Go watch her on Fallon or Kimmel, there's no difference in her acting or talking.  I just don't like her as an actress.  Amber Heard could do over everything she did and could probably do it better.


There are probably a lot more people that I could do without in the acting department, but I just don't have the time.  I'm surprised I found the time for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment