Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Gardening Update



We have a gardening update!  The plants are growing tall!  It took a couple of weeks of watering and sunlight and time and germination.  I have no idea what germination is, but it sounds like I know what I'm talking about.  The top picture is a photo of the plants I, myself have planted.  The plants to the right are my neighbor's plants.  They have a little bit more than I do.


This is my green bell pepper plant.  It doesn't look like it's grown that much, but if you go back to my other gardening posts, you'll see the comparison.  If any of my readers are gardeners or know about pepper plants, there are tiny little peppers growing on the ends of the leaves.  Can't wait until they are enormous and delicious.


Here we have one of my tomato plants.  I think judging by the elongated tomato that is growing, they are the Roma tomatoes.  I can't read the label that is buried underneath, but I will no doubt be using them when they come up.  Underneath all those leaves there are, I think, close to 8 more tomatoes getting ready to bud.  Just from one plant! 

This is another one of my tomato plants.  These look to be the heirloom tomatoes.  It's really exciting being able to see the fruits of your labor come out of the ground.  I cannot wait until I see these ripe tomatoes grow big and be made into a sauce or salsa.


I completely forget what this plant is.  I think it's the zucchini plant.  I know a bought a zucchini plant and this plant does stand out against the basil, tomatoes, peppers, and herbs I've planted.  I'm calling it.  This is a zucchini plant.  


More tomatoes blooming!  Little tiny tomatoes that I cannot wait to taste.


This tomato is actually very big.  I'm just awaiting the days until they turn red.  I've also never had green tomatoes.  I know people talk about fried green tomatoes, and usually they go into an orgasmic state of how good they are.  I just like to wait a little longer and make them ripe red tomatoes.


Fourth and final tomato plant.  These ones are also coming in very well.  I wasn't able to count them accurately but I do know that in total, I counted about 22+ tomatoes.  Not bad for whatever I paid for the plants at Home Depot.


This is the lettuce plant that I started when I bought a head of Romaine lettuce and put the growing  end in the ground.  I saw the idea online on a pinterest-like website.  If I remember correctly, I think it's called dump-a-day.  


This final picture is a the entirety of the garden.  However, when I went out to check the garden and take these pictures, I found a little rabbit sneaking around my garden.  So now, I have to go back to Home Depot or Ace Hardware and get some wire fencing to keep out critters like him.  And then maybe figure out the next step on keeping out birds, making sure my plants don't fall over from the wind (real thing), and then figuring out how and when to pick out my herbs and plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment