Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 9: Any Job in the World, What would it be...

I certainly know the answer to this one.  I wish I was any one of the following:
  • Hollywood Executive with Green-lighting power

  • Movie Director/Producer

  • Screenwriter
  • TV Writer
  • SNL writer/contributor

  • Stand-up comedian

As you can see, I want to work in the movie making/entertainment industry.  I don't have any particular background in the field or the location, but I still want to work in it somehow.  I wouldn't want to be anything else really.  I love movies.  I love TV.  I love them so much that I would very much like to be a part of them. I like the idea of talking about the premise of a film and having it being made.  I like looking through the pages on Kickstarter and IndieGoGo looking for people that want to make films but don't have the resources to actually do it.  I also just like thinking about which movies should be remade and which actors should play which roles and so on.

I try to envision myself living in Los Angeles or New York and being part of a writing team and making something work for television.  I don't know what it takes but I think up too many ideas and too many jokes to have my life not lead to working in some sort of media creation.

I just googled some Dave Chappelle quotes from his Inside The Actor's Studio appearance.  The ones that stick out most are "If I can make a teacher's salary doing comedy, I think that's better than being a teacher", and "My father told me, 'Name Your Price in the beginning'. If it ever gets more expensive than the price you name, get out of there", and finally "One of the things that happens when people make the leap from a certain amount of money to tens of millions of dollars is that people around you change dramatically".

The second quote sticks with me because while trying to think about these steps, I'm thinking about naming my price.  I don't know how far I'd want to go or what I would sink to before I knew how to get out.  Deep thoughts going on.

I'll keep blogging until I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment