Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 10: Guilty Pleasures

Hard to come up with this one.  Usually my guilty pleasures are of TV shows, movies, and books that I'm embarrassed to say I watch, or foods I don't think people will appreciate.  Aside from those, I'm trying to think about habits I would consider a guilty pleasure.  So here is a list of movies, TV shows, books, and Food that I am guilty of getting pleasure from.

Guilty Pleasure Movies:
Mean Girls

Easy A

Pitch Perfect

Sleepless in Seattle

Purple Rain


Guilty Pleasure TV:
Bob's Burgers

Whitney

White Collar

Kitchen Nightmare's


Guilty Pleasure Podcasts:
The Adam Carolla Podcast - Just something to turn my brain off to.
NPR's Planet Money - Smart podcast and have been grabbing several money/economy headlines for over a year now.
Tiesto's Clublife Podcast - I get to hear new and trendy club music for a whole hour.
Dyro's Daftastic Podcast - Same explanation from Tiesto's podcast
Real Time w/ Bill Maher - Just great political talk.

Guilty Pleasure Books:
Neal Stephenson's "Snowcrash" - It's a nerdy sci-fi novel that first used the term "Avatar".
Mindy Kaling's "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" - One of the many instances of proof that WOMEN ARE FUNNY.
Shaq and Jackie MacMullen's "Shaq: Uncut" - Just a great look at basketball's most game changing player.

Guilty Pleasure Foods:
Pretty much anything from Taco Bell - it was a drunken staple during college.
Almond Butter - Best substitution for peanut butter out there.
The 7-11 Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Pizza Combo's

I tried to think of music to put on here, but there is just way too many things that come under Guilty Pleasures, I don't think I could go through my entire iPod.  But I will just list a couple: Primus, Prince, Black Sabbbath, Buckethead, Lots of, mostly black, Jazz Musicians, KISS, Limp Bizkit, Michael Jackson, System of a Down, Lots of TV/Movie theme songs, Van Halen.

I'll be back again tomorrow with another blog.  I will also try to blog about my recent trip to a local health food store that changed somethings around.  I'm still doing my crunches for this month's physical challenge.  Plus I tried some new foods and substituted them into my diet and took some others out.

No comments:

Post a Comment