Thursday, April 25, 2013

Day 7: Favorite Childhood Toys

I loved toys growing up.  In fact I still love toys.  When I think back to the toys I had, they are many in numbers and when I see them in some collectible form, I get a huge wave of nostalgia.  Now before I get into these, my favorite movie as a child was The Transformers animated movie.  I think I watched that every day when I woke up.  My favorite Transformer was Optimus Prime.  My second favorite was Hot Rod.  (google them for fun).






I loved playing with Transformers.  Every where I went with my mom, I always tried to get a transformer out of it.  The one I remember most is the one in the picture above.  It's the one dead in the center, but the head was different and wasn't as big.  I also had the one that was front row, second to last one on the left.  They were so cool to play with as a kid.

My childhood friend Anthony and I, would play Transformers and Power Rangers and all other cool things.  It was so much fun.  When my older brother Joe went to college, he had ordered the entire series of Transformers on VHS.  I did a similar thing but with DVD's and it was also a DVD-9 which meant it was mostly in Japanese.  But you could figure out a way to play it in English.  By the way, I'm pretty sure that my older brother has said DVD's in his condo at this moment.

Owning a Soundwave toy was troubling because you couldn't fit the tape inside of Soundwave at the same time.  I know talking about this at age 20 years after I did this I am getting so close to going out and buying these over again.  But I think there is a different time and place for that kind of acting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment