Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 14: My Earliest Memory

Wow.  Thinking back to yesteryear.

Thinking back, I think my first memory is prior to me going to preschool, at Mrs. Woolf's.  I'm trying to think back to before my younger brother Matthew was born.  I was 6 then, which is before we had to make bunk beds out of normal beds.  I was in kindergarten, so before then.  I was 5 in preschool.

I remember being in preschool with a couple of my friends from around the neighborhood; James, Andy, Travis, Matt, and Tim.  I remember this one day in preschool, we got to walk to a man's house that was bright pink. I don't know why we went there, but I remember the teachers all walked with us there.  Back then, my best friend was a kid named Charlie.  I don't know Charlie's last name or what he looked like really.  I just remember that he moved to Abington and I didn't get to see him in Preschool.

In fact, when my Mom was pregnant with my younger brother, she said that they were going to name him Matthew.  I wanted him to be named Charlie because of my friend that moved away.  I didn't know anything about who has a say in naming their children, but I remember being pretty upset over it.

I also remember being in Braintree Youth Basketball being on a team and always running down one end of the court and making sure my foot was on the block.  I don't remember ever scoring any points, but I remember always making sure my foot was on the block.  I didn't even try to pay attention.  My coach was Mr. Dave Ryan, who is sadly no longer with us.  I remember he was my Uncle and Dad's friend, and he always called me and my brother Harry.  We still laugh about it today.

But the preschool days are somehow still in my head.  I remember walking up to the local Fire Station and getting to sit in the truck.  I also remember having a cookout with my preschool friends.  I remember being a Transformer for Halloween.  It consisted of a mask and this plastic muumuu-type covering that had the logo on it.  I thought it was cool.  Most people were something like a pirate or a fireman or a cop or whatever.  I had imagination.

This post was pretty good.  Don't forget to leave a comment or share this blog with friends.  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment