Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 15: 15 Interesting facts about Myself

Here are some things you may or may not have known about me:
  1. After I was born on August 2, 1986, my Mom had an Italian sub soon after my birth.  Every time I get one now, she thinks there is a connection between the two.
  2. When I was in Cub Scouts, I won 2nd place in the Pine Wood Derby contest.
  3. My childhood best friend, Anthony, moved away when I was going into the second grade, I found him  relatively recently on Facebook.  He didn't know how to spell my last name, and I kind of knew how to spell his and tried to go for it.  We watched a lot of WWF wrestling, Transformers, and Power Ranger together back in the day.  His family is doing great from what I can see on Facebook. 
  4. My first car was purchased for $500 and it was a stick shift that I had to teach myself how to drive.  It was a green 1992 Ford Taurus SHO.  Probably the most fun car I've ever owned.  It's the exact same car that Conan O'Brien owned.
  5. When I was 18, I got in trouble for underage drinking and ended up walking from the Wrentham County Sheriff's office to the Shaw's supermarket in Sharon, which is about 10 miles.  In sandals.  At night.  Alone.  Drunk.
  6. I didn't own a cell phone until I was in college.  My first phone was a crappy Sony Ericsson phone.  I had to carry around people's phone number's in my wallet because I didn't have a place to put them.  I was definitely the last of my friend's to get a cell phone.
  7. I have seen well over 1500 movies in my lifetime.  I know this because I rate them on Netflix after I am done watching them.  I'm over 1700 last time I checked.
  8. One of my first jobs was working for Mark-A-Lot, which is a company that paints lines in parking lots.  I worked for them when I was in high school.  I worked with my friend Travis and we still have some of the funniest memories about all the weirdo's that worked there.  I worked another job with Travis, except this time we mowed lawns and landscaped for my town's utility company.  We also have several stories from that place of work.  Some great summers they were working alongside him.
  9. I have done my share of binge-drinking.  One time I drank a whole 4 Liter jug of Carlo Rossi Sangria in one night.  I puked it up the next morning.  But rest assured, that was the peak of my drinking.  I never want to go back to that again.
  10. I got a Bachelor's degree in Economics.  I find it semi-useless in the post-college world.  I wish I had someone from the future come and talk me into something else.
  11. The best concert I ever went to was the 2007 Rock the Bells concert in New York on Randall's Island.  I took the Fung-Wah bus to NYC.  Had no idea where to go really when I got off the bus in Chinatown.  I walked for a while and got on the train leading me to Queens, which was where my hotel was located.  The picture explains who was in the concert, and looking back at it, it's the most talented group of musicians I have seen in one day.  I spent so much money, but for the experience, it was so worth it.  I would've liked to go with more people I knew instead of going and finding other people to hangout with.  One of the many times I was happy that I survived an adventure by myself.
  12. Another time in Mark Sheehan traveling, I went to California to visit my sister.  There was a spring concert going on, Kahoutek.  I competed in the stump standing competition.  I had a good run until some bitch with a plate of Chinese-ish food knocked into me and I fell off.  So I went over to the beer garden and underage drank until I got kicked out of the beer garden.  Hell of a time.
  13. When I was in college, my friends and I drove down to Daytona Florida for Spring Break senior year.  We rented a minivan, drove it down.  The van broke down twice because of people using a generator in the car to watch their god damned TV shows on a computer.  So we had to wait for a new van to be delivered to us at a rest stop.  We get to Daytona, and pretty much drank every day and night.  Speaking of which, Day N Nite by Kid Cudi was the song of that Spring Break.  As was Lady Gaga's first hit "Poker Face", and Lonely Island's "I'm on a Boat".  Awesome memory, except for the ride home which took forever and made me hate New England in March.
  14. When I got my first real job after college, I weighed close to 300 pounds.  I slimmed down to a svelt 230 after reading Tim Ferris's 4 Hour Body and pretty much going to the gym every day before work in the afternoon.  I sweated so much during that time.  I'm still stuck at 260ish, but I'm lean.  So I want to lose more weight, but I just can't seem to find any to lose.  I guess I need to find ways to shed other kinds of weight.
  15. I am an incredibly lucky person, as proven by my living situation and my journey in life, but I am not as satisfied as I should be.  I always try to think about what I can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment