Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 19: Biggest Regret in Life...

Wow.  Where to begin.  I'm sure there is a short list of regrets in all of us.  But I'm trying to think of the ones that seem bigger than "wish I didn't eat Calzone all those times".  This blog post also required a nap.  I tend to use my naps to go deep into my own history like Optimus Prime used the Matrix of Leadership to find out the solutions to catastrophic world problems: (skip to 5:00 mark to understand what I'm talking about)


But to come back to Earth from Nerd Dreamland, I think I can narrow my regrets down to a couple.

Regret #1 - Not saying "Yes" to a girl's request during a middle school dance request.

So when I was in middle school, we had a dance for I think just 8th graders since we were the ones going onto high school.  There was a girl who, to be honest, I wasn't thinking much about.  But during our last school dance, she had her friend ask me if she wanted to dance.  Now, to set the scene, I am literally standing up against the wall and she is standing with her friends.  Her friend asks me if I would dance with her during the slow dance, and I said "No".  Now, what happened later in the following years was what happens to most girls from 8th grade until high school graduation: they get hot.  And when I backtrack some of my love-life lows, I think this is one of the things I remember that I wish I would've changed.  To be honest, I don't even know why I didn't say Yes.  I wish I could have been there now to walk up to myself, slap me in the face, and then say "Go and slow dance with her you  moron!"  

Regret #2 - Not being a boyfriend when I had the chance to be.

Another regret involving women.  After high school, I had become what I thought was good friends with a girl I didn't think I would be with.  Now, this being before college, I didn't even think about the prospect of having a girlfriend for a summer and then parting ways before college started.  It didn't cross my mind until I understood the situation with Seth and Jules in Superbad.  I didn't end up really talking to the girl that much afterwards.  It ended messy and I felt that I dropped the ball.  Again.

Regret #3 - Going to Coutnryfest in 2005

So after high school was over and I went to go enjoy my summer between college and high school.  I went to a country concert for the first (and last) time.  What you have to know is that I was under-aged, didn't have a ticket, and didn't have a cell phone.  I got shitfaced, stole 5 coolers of beer from other people's open trucks while they were attending the concert, and then decided to drive home.  Big mistake.  I got stopped by a couple of parking lot cops and I was cuffed and taken to the drunk tank.  Fast forward a little bit, through seeing one of my friends in the drunk tank and the place smelling like death, to me getting back in the transport vehicle to going down to the Wrentham Town Sheriff's office and being "booked".  I was 18.  I had to pay $40 for my freedom and then had to walk back to Gillette Stadium.  In the dark.  In sandals.  Without a cell phone.  I eventually walked into Sharon without knowing it, and had a friendly cop offer to call a cab as long as I called my Mom to tell her where I was.  This is the short story, but I ended up getting home okay.  I had to show up in court on Monday and pay $100 in court fines as long as I plead guilty.

I think we can end this blog there.  I'm getting in a nice steady flow of doing this everyday.  My next blog will be about my 30 day challenges and what I plan to do with more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment