Thursday, May 2, 2013

Quick Food Blog: Changing Habits

So I made some changes in my diet that I think may change my body weight trajectory.  Along with doing the 30 day crunch routine, which I will be posting about shortly, I eliminated adding half & half to my morning coffee.  I started using Almond milk instead.  It doesn't help that I've been grabbing a McDonald's coffee and 2 cookies during my mid-morning break at work.  But I haven't been to a McDonald's or fast food drive-thru for anything else in quite a while.  I think that's a big step.

I've found myself going to the Lambert's Grocery store during lunch to either grab a salad or a deli sandwich.    But that's only when I don't bring my lunch to work.  It's even cheaper than anything I'd order at McDonald's too.

I'm also trying to eat more black beans.  I tried making a black bean hummus for me to snack on.  It's so god damn delicious.  My parent's love it.


I also went to my local health food store and picked up a couple of things that I think are delicious.  Pederson's Natural Farms Uncured Cherry Smoked Bacon.  Holy crap is this amazingly good.  I cook two slices at a time and use the left over grease in the pan to fry some eggs.  The bacon doesn't shrink like Oscar Meyer bacon does, it's free of all the bad stuff that normal bacon contains and the taste is amazing.


The only troubles I find with shopping for healthy natural foods is the price.  I'm sure that as more people begin to buy brands away from corporate, manufactured foods that aren't healthy, the price may go down.  But I also like the idea of cooking with better ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment