Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 25: Someone Who Fascinates You and Why

So, I don't personally know who to put here.  I know that my family has some interesting people, but for a person who I find fascinating is truly difficult.  The first person that I thought of while comprising this blog is Lorne Michaels.  He has been the chief architect for comedy for the last 40 years and has yet to slow down one bit.  Everyone that's been in comedy has some connection trailing back to Lorne Michaels or SNL.  If I ran into him in an elevator, I would surely wish that it would get stuck for at least an hour just so I could ask him everything I wanted to. 

I'd want to know the discussions he had with past cast members, how he knew a certain person had what it took, what his regrets were, the people he said no to, the Norm MacDonald sitch, his personal life, his fears, his joys, and everything in between.  To me, there just seems something so powerful about the person who has introduced so many great names in acting, and then continued to do so for over 35 years.  Its hard for someone to build a platform like SNL just for 5 years, let alone the time Lorne has.  He's also managed to mesh generations of comedians with eachother. 

He would truly be a person that if and when they come to heaven's gates, they need to make room.  Now I'm going to go read a ton about Lorne Michaels.

No comments:

Post a Comment